FOR LAMINATION OF RIGID-FLEX CIRCUITS
Pacothane® PLUS is a conformable release film that is specifically engineered for use as a component of the Pacothane® Plus System for the production of Flexible Printed Circuits (base stock, coverlay, and rigid-flex). Pacothane® Plus brings standardization and predictability to the flex laminating process and offers tangible process advantages. When used with PACOPADS™ both products combined offer consistent "macro" and "micro" Z-Axis Pressure Distribution throughout the complete lamination lay-up.
LAMINATION PROCESS ADVANTAGES
- Reduces Mechanical Distortion: PACOTHANE® PLUS "locks in" around the laminate components to minimize distortion due to Heat and Pressure. In conjunction with PACOPADS™, the PACOPLUS System conforms in the Z axis only, eliminating the X-Y axis distortion associated with commodity conformal
- Control of Adhesive Flow: PACOTHANE® PLUS effectively dams back acrylic or epoxy adhesive flow into pre-drilled or punched openings, as well as at rigid-flex interfaces
- Quick Easy Release: Both sides of PACOTHANE® PLUS provide quick, easy, & clean release from all surfaces
- Reduced Lamination Pressure: The PACOTHANE® PLUS System, consisting of PACOTHANE® PLUS Conformable Release Sheet and PACOPADS™ Pressure Diffuser Press Pads, discreetly conforms in the Z axis while equally distributing pressure across the panel surface. Due to the superior, macro pressure-equalizing characteristics of PACOPADS™, the same amount of hydraulic force is delivered with a lower nominal Ram Pressure, maximum "Z-Axis" pressure equalization and a more robust conformable make-up system
- Two-side Releasable
- Extremely low X-Y axis movement
- Smooth Surface Finish with superior Conformal Properties
- Operating temperature to 425°F (218°C) at lower Ram Pressures
- Eliminates Fiber Pattern Transfer to cover layers
- Clean, inert with no out-gassing of contaminants or solvents harmful to Vacuum Systems
- Environmentally friendly with no ozone-depleting Chemicals or Fluorine's. Suitable for incineration or landfilL disposal
- Proven worldwide performance since 1986. The Industry Standard for Rigid-Flex Laminations
RECOMMENDED LAMINATION LAY-UP
DESCRIPTION OF STANDARDS
PACOTHANE® PLUS is available in custom-made sheet sizes, tooled to customer specifications. The complete line of Pacothane Technologies products is available from leading local Distributors Worldwide who offers “Just in Time” delivery from locally-available stocks.
Click here for this product's Safety Data Sheet (SDS).